We do not want cost to be a barrier to attending the Bike+Walk Minnesota Conference, and so we are offering a robust scholarship and financial aid program. It includes funds to cover, depending on the applicant’s need, the cost of attendance, lodging, and/or travel. Eligibility requirements are listed below.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, however, they will not be considered if submitted later than midnight on Friday, April 7, 2018. Additionally, please note that we have a limited budget, so it is in the applicant’s best interest to submit sooner rather than later. The Conference cannot guarantee you will receive a scholarship if you apply. The scholarship application will be closed when the funds have been depleted.
You may apply for the Bike+Walk Minnesota Conference Scholarship by completing this form.
During the application you will be asked for:
- Basic contact information
- Your eligibility category
- The reason(s) you wish to attend the conference
- Your scholarship/financial aid request
The four categories of eligible recipients are:
- EQUITY: People who identify as a person of color, immigrant, or woman/trans/femme OR are a part of or work with groups that are disproportionately affected by health problems including but not limited to those identified above.
- WALK: Speakers with experience and best practices to share that prioritize walking or bike and walk.
- STUDENTS: Student speakers who wish to share research relevant to the theme and tracks included in this conference.
- GREATER MINNESOTA: Speakers or attendees from non-metro communities (including ex-urban communities).
If you have any questions about the scholarship and financial aid program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.